Monday, October 14, 2024

Garmin Run Singapore 2024

 Nice weather for a morning 21Km run with Garmin Run SG2024!

21Km route around the Singapore River



early morning scenery from the Marina Barrage Roof top

The run was supposedly to start @5:30am. A short delay of about 7mins before flag off. As the starting was at the roof top, we had to walk for more than 500m because of the congestion. Anyway, there were fewer participants then the SCSM (Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon) or the X2U run, so maybe the organizer prefer to choose a more scenic route which was narrower. The runners were faster and younger for this Garmin Run.
I did not train for this 21km, so my pacing were a bit slower. Also, after reaching the 19km mark, I just walk a bit for a couple of hundred meters before resuming a slow jog to the finishing line.



My phone was wet and I could not do a screen shot properly. It took me a long time to get it right and I realized that I did not stop the run-recording. 



The organizing at the end point was a bit messy and there was no partition to channel us to the collection point. And so, I missed the T-shirt station. It was only that when I was out of the Marina Barrage and at the car park that I realized that I did not collect my T-shirt. Adios!

Overall, the scenery was nice. Maybe I will come here to jog someday. The car parking charges are reasonable for a tourist area - Garden By the Bay. Also, I did not strain myself but treat it as a normal Sunday jog.

Agape Blessings!





No comments: