Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sermon Outline for 1 Timothy 6 on 29 June 2008

This was suppose to the be printed into the worship bulletin for the Sunday worship on 29 June 2008, but somehow it didn't appear:



Sermon Text: 1 Tim 6
Sermon Title: God or Money, who is LORD ...?


Introduction:
Jesus Christ said, “No one can serve two masters …
You cannot serve both God and Money.” (Mat 6:24)

“There are 3 conversions necessary:
The conversion of the heart, mind and the purse”
- Martin Luther


1. … In my Workplace (vv 1-2)
Be respectful, not complacence
Why? God’s name not be slandered (v1)

2. … In the Way I live (vv 3-16, 20-21)
· Be contented, not avarice
Why? (1) we can’t take money out of this world (v 7)
(2) love of money is a root of all evils (vv 9,10)

3. … in my Wealth (vv 17-19)
· Be generous, not arrogance
Why? God is the provider of everything (v 17)

Conclusion:
“… I will bless you; … and you will be a blessing. …
and all people on earth will be blessed through you” (Gen 12:2,3)

Be a blessing …in my workplace, in the way I live, in my wealth

No comments: