Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Organ Trading, the dilemma

The big discussion that is going for the past 2 weeks is should organ trading be made legal. Those who are suffering from organ failure or have loved ones going through such a struggle will know how it feels. Others, who are healthy will try to make a moral judgement. The best way out is to have altrustic donors. But in this world where 'money rules' - oran trading is seen as giving the seller (usually a poor healthy chap) a better life financially and giving the recipient a second life, so to speak, abeit the financial gain of the middle-man, runner, doctors, etc. If legalise, human body will now have a price tag. If not, sufferers will continue to hope for compassionate and altrustic donors or go abroad searching for their needed organs.

The lesson learnt:
(1) Keep myself healthy - eat right, exercise regularly and maintain a healthy lifestyle. if this still doesn't help, then it is God's will for me.

(2) Be a willing donor - yes, if any of my family members do come to such a state that need an organ, I must be mentally prepared to donate with LOVE (1 Cor 13:3 - If I deliver my body to be burnt but have not LOVE, I gain nothing)

(3) Life is precious - From the Christian perspective, the body, soul and spirit is the most precious creation of God. Encourage healthy lifestyle - physically, socially, and spiritually to people around me.

Mark Lim

No comments: