Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Encouraging Growth Mentality

Share A Thought: Always take care of your subordinates.

One of my company mechanical draughtsmen has tendered his resignation. Although he is not reporting to me but to another manager, he did all my mechanical drawings for those jobs that I work on. Here is a nice chap with a poly diploma who has been with the company for more than three years, if I am not wrong. Now, I have start all over again, … (sigh!)

I have been prompting my top boss to take care of our engineers’ career path. He decides promotion and pay increment, I have no control over all this. But he doesn’t seem to think the same as me. For him, if someone resigns, “just go and hire another”. But the pain of training a new engineer is not that simple. It takes at least 3 to 6 months if the engineers are fast learners to really get some decent job done. Most don’t stay long enough, 3 years at most.

It is the same as in the Bethany PCES. Do our worshippers see a so call spiritual growth in the church?

Would they see that:
In 2 years time, to become a BS leader or follow-up leader?
Another 2 years then as a committee member;
There after another 3 years to be a deacon,
Etc (short term mission; evangelism; Sunday School teacher) …?

Otherwise, we are all stuck doing the jobs … as a BSG leader, worship leader, committee member … (for life?)

What is the church doing to inculcate the growth mentality?
(comment?)

6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. (Col 2:6,7)


No comments: