Saturday, March 21, 2009

Random Thoughts on “The Bethany Family”

Remember what I wrote in my previous post about “the stone”?

It may sound stupid, but that’s what I was “directed” to think about all morning and afternoon. So I finally decided to write about it in this blog, even though I still could not figure out what “this stone or stones” is all about. I just know that it is that small still voice speaking.

After the post, I checked my email. Someone from Bethany PCES sent me an email. And it is about “the stone”, asking for help to remove the stone. (“How coincidence!” Was my first exclamation).

At least it gives me the answer why that small still voice prompts me to think about “the stone”. Are there anymore stones in Bethany? I know there are only less than a handful of people reading this, but would they care to think about “the stone”? My answer is “no” and so I decided to erase this out of my mind. Duty done, or so I say.

I hate this but this morning, I woke up thinking about this Bethany family thingy again.

The interesting part is that, in this Bethany family, there are 2 sisters and 1 brother. All three are very good friends of Jesus. The sisters are either serving Jesus or learning from Jesus. The brother is dead and need to be made alive. After been made alive, Jesus is glorified.

Yes, this Bethany family is like most churches I know:
(1) Jesus is the very good friend of the church.
(2) There are usually more sisters than brothers in a church. My previous church has ladies outnumbered men by 2:1.
(3) Sisters are usually more fervent - serving or learning. There is usually not much problem to get them to come for fellowship or cell group.
(4) Men are usually more laid back, either spiritually “dead” or very spiritually “alive”.
(5) Those make “alive” are usually in leadership or mission work. Jesus is glorified by their work.

So, to really start a men group, the leader must first learn to remove “the stone.”

I see our YA in Bethany PCES is also like this.

Ok, I better stop here.

No comments: