Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thoughts on Today Sermon's - "Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow"

Our Brother Chee Seng gave an excellent message today regarding Strengthening Family Relationship.

There were good songs of the oldies - "Yesterday" by the Beatles (my favourite)

The ending of fixing it with God's was well said.

However, one point that may hurt a marriage is this:
"The spouse who goes to work is having a good time, while the other staying at home is not"
(not the exact words but the implication is there)

My wife is a housemaker. She thinks I am having a good time working while she has to bare the blunt of taking care of the children and doing house chores. Hearing what Brother Chee Seng said today would definitely re-inforce her belief. It will hurt the family relationship. I know how she feels anyway so I give her whatever money I earn (after paying bills and givings). She works very hard for the family but that does not mean I am enjoying my time in the office like what Brother preach today.

I am not having a good time at work. In fact, I wish to stay at home and serve the family. It would be a joy to cook for the children, wash their clothes and teach them in their school work. I don't mind having no pay, most of my earning are either to pay bills or give away. Yet, at work as an engineer, my job is to solve problems. If there is no problems, then I have to design new things and that would create problems. So working life is all about dealings with problems. I wish to retire early.

In any case, thanks for the message. Brother Chee Seng.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, indeed Chee Seng's message today was excellent so much so that when i met him at the basement, i shook his hand and told him so.