Thursday, May 14, 2009

Appreciating Other

People use to say: “It’s the thought that count”.

I use to think so. But now, I think it should be: “It’s the thought and action that count.”

Yah, it is easier to think of good ideas and thoughts to help someone or show appreciation but to really carry it out is difficult for me. I may have a lot of good ideas but very little action.

Sigh :(

That’s what happened last Mother’s day. I was thinking of thanking someone whom one of our fellowship groups uses to meet in her house. We use her place, drink her wonderful ice lemon tea, eat her superb pizza and hang around till the late night (occasionally) and she sometime cook for us. I guess we often mess up the whole place each time we left her house and the amount of cleaning up she had to do.

Then mother’s day came and I thought it might be a good opportunity to thank her. But the thought of getting a gift is a very difficult task. I never know how to choose a right gift for the right situation. So I approached one of the ladies in the group. She gave a very good suggestion but had no time to source for the gift.

And so Mother’s day came and gone. And that thought is still, …just a thought.

No good, no good!! :(

No comments: