Friday, May 22, 2009

What is work?

After all that have happened in work this week, I ask: “What is work?”

Having pondered over this, I believe God is the one who started work. We read in Genesis 2:15 that God gave Adam a job – till the Garden. So, doing something that is productive to sustain life is good.

What if you don’t like what you are doing? What if you are stressed by people at work?

Change job!!

Or say: “God ask me to go to another job” (act spiritual)

…… (thinking) ….

As my thought starts to be more crystallized…

Change my attitude :)

Yah, did I write about attitude before, about attitude makes the difference? Never mind. Today, I began to feel better and having a more positive attitude. Forget about those emails and insinuating remarks.

A few weeks ago, I read this book – “Take this Job & Love it” by Stanley C. Baldwin
It talks about dealing with people and boss at work, giving our best in our job and also discuss about full-time job as compare to secular job. We too can glorify and honor God in our secular job, not just the Pastors, church workers and full-time ministry leaders.

Stanley Baldwin in his book reminds me of this:

“When we obey God in our work, we witness to the entire spiritual universe – to angels, to demon, and to man – that, like Jesus, we embrace the will of the Father.

The way to obey God in my work is to see my job as working for the glory of the Almighty.

Let’s honor God even in our secular jobs!!

No comments: