Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Non Stop Thinking …

I couldn’t sleep on Sunday night.

It has been a month since I last set the alarm to 5:50am. But the Light Emitting Display (LED) did not light up to indicate that the alarm was properly set. Would it ring at the appropriate time tomorrow morning? Would the children be late for school? Could I trust the digital alarm clock? I started getting a bit morbid as more questions flew.

Soon one thought drifted to another and then to another…

First thoughts were on my three girls. How will they grow up? Will I survive to see them grow up and their children? What kind of life will they be? …

Aiyah! Why think so far?

OK, better think about myself. It has been almost 10 years working in my company – Amplus Communication. Dealing with technical issues can be stressful. Then, thinking about retirement. But, the children are still so young. And there is not much saving. So, I probably have to work till 62. Not sure, I can last that long.

When I retire, I like to do some writing. Write on Christian stuffs.

Sure or not, who bother to read?

Yah, I better close down the Equipping the Saints blog. It is rotting. No comments and no interest.

Thinking about blog, It has been more than a year since I started one. And I have written more than a hundred posts. Just to practice my writing and reflection. But the response is poor. There is hardly any comment. Have I been writing a lot of rubbish? Or is it the kind of “silent” friends who prefer “to know and not to be known”.

Yah, everybody likes to keep their privacy.

But God knows our privacy!! So I decided not to have any privacy but be transparent. Or maybe I should write more general stuff and not personal thoughts and encounters.

…..

I didn’t realize that the thoughts drifted for hours.

And so ….. a tired Monday :o

2 comments:

larryglh said...

Hello Uncle Mark!

-larry

Mark Lim Teng Lye said...

Hi Larry,
Nice to hear from you.

Go to Dr Rick Griffith web site. You can learn alot of things there. Also, his power point are the best that I know.