Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Death is the beginning of another New Life

Attending a funeral wake is better than going to a birthday party.

Although there are tears in a funeral, the emotions can be much deeper than just the fun and laughter in a party. The impact is more lasting.

Each time I attended a funeral wake, I am reminded of my earthly journey. One day, it will be my time to go. I must make use of the time left for me here, to do my master’s will.
Attending a non-Christian funeral always leave me very sad, sad that another soul has lost in eternity. But a Christian funeral is always a joyous occasion. We know that death is not the end of life, but the beginning. It is the beginning of a new journey in heaven with the Creator LORD.

Last night, at Jenny Lim’s mother funeral wake, this verse kept ringing in my mind: “For me to live is Christ, to die is gain”. Yes, death for a Christian is gain because it is a passage to a better place where there is no pain, sorrows and tears. Thank you, LORD, for Jenny’s mother who has known you and gone to be with you.

Thank you, LORD for being my Savior.

It is better to go to a house of mourning
than to go to a house of feasting,
for death is the destiny of every man;
the living should take this to heart.
(Ecclesiastes 7:2)

No comments: