Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lost ... and getting back on track

It’s quite fearful when one is lost and does not know the way home!

Late last night, as I was walking around the quiet neighborhood, a teenager came out to me and asked for direction.

He asked, “How to go to Temasek Polytechnic?”

“Why do you want to go to Temasek Polytechnic, it’s so late now?”

Through the conversation (as I walked with him to a bus stop to catch a bus home), I found out that he was actually lost. He has taken a correct bus but headed toward the wrong direction and he ended up in Pasir Ris. He then wandered about in Pasir Ris. The fear in his face showed it all. But boy being boy (he is in Secondary 1), he was struggling to contain his emotion. I got him to talk to his father through my hand phone. …

After waiting for a long while with him at the bus stop, he finally got up the bus. It must be quite an experience for him.




All we like sheep has gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way …

Being lost and gone astray is quite scary. We need help to get back on track again. Spiritually, we are also like that. By making a wrong decision, we drift off and get further and further away (ending up in the East of Singapore!).

I also thought about my children who are not much age difference from this boy. How would they respond if they were lost? Are they smart enough to find their way home? More worrying is, would they know that they are spiritually going astray?

Agape

No comments: