Friday, April 13, 2012

Are you a friggatriskaidekaphobia?




What is that??

I learn this new word today. Some people just freak out on a Friday the 13th. That is what the word means!

Today is my special day, so I have to blog about it.


Why Friday?
Friday is considered bad omen because they said that Jesus Christ was crucified on Friday. But, for us Christians, the day of crucifixion is a Good day because God chose to redeem us for our sins by dying on the Cross for us. So that is a Good Friday, Okay!


What about 13?
Well, the number 12 is known as the governing or ruling number in Biblical sense because Jesus Christ has the 12 Apostle to govern the church, there are 12 tribes in Israel to form the nation of Israel. In Revelation chapter 4, John saw in heaven, there are 24 thrones seated by 24 elders (2 groups of 12). Likewise, there are 12 hours each ½ day and 12 months in a year to govern the seasons and time of our lives. So, 1 more or less than a complete biblical number is considered bad (just like 7, is a perfect number and 1 less is bad like 666). So 1 more than 12 which is 13 is considered bad. Sound ridiculous isn’t it?

And so Friday the 13th is considered a really bad day because of the double bad omen, and those who have this phobia is called friggatriskaidekaphobia.
(a Greek word)

But not me!

In any case, for me 13 is always my very good number because God brings me into this world on a 13. And I like April. And today is my birthday!

Happy Birthday to me! :))

Agape

No comments: