Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Lost & NOT Found!

 Last week Wednesday, 17 August 2022; I lost my Silver Passion Card and DBS SAFRA Credit Card :(



It was my carelessness that I was distracted while paying money at the wet market. Usually, I brought a $10 notes, my Silver Passion Card and my credit card along when I goes jogging and then directly went to the Supermarket. The Silver Passion Card allows me to have a 3% Senior Citizen discount. But on that day, I did something new. I put the 3 items into a new wallet because I dislike having the money and cards coated with my sweat while jogging. It was while I was paying for my vegetables at the market that I forgot about the wallet as I seldom never bring wallet while jogging. I thought I have put the wallet in my pocket. Maybe it dropped out? I realized the lost only when I was out of the market. After searching the whole place (and praying) for more than an hour, I gave up searching.

Once reaching home, I called DBS to cancel the credit card. The cancellation was immediate and they activated a new card for me. I received the new card on Friday.

My new DBS SAFRA credit card

I called Transit Link to inform of my lost of the Silver Passion Card. They advised me to wait for 3 days, just in case someone returned the card as the card has a personal photograph. Sadly, after waiting and praying for 2 days. No one returned and I cancelled the card. Transit Link informed me that as the Passion Card has more than $80, they would refund me the money in the card. But till today, they have not refunded me. 

To make a new Silver Passion Card, I need to go to Tampines Bus Exchange and the cost is $16.50

As I did not take the SMRT or bus frequently, I decided to just buy a EZ Link Card, and forgo the Senior Citizen discount when I used public transport. I will apply for a new card after I give up driving my car.

Bought this ezLink Card

On reflection, I can get distract quite easily when something new happen to me. I like repetitions and don't need to focus or think. Doing new things need concentration and focus, something I need to be careful in future. Also, while praying as I searched, 1 Corinthians 10:13 came to mine, that I can endured such mishap! Somehow, I just felt that I have to learn to cope with losses. 

The resolution turned out to be quite smooth for the DBS card as I did not need to wait for someone to talk to me once I select a loss card "Press" automate call. It seems that DBS give priority customer attention to lost and fraudulent card. For that, I am thankful for DBS speedy action. Also, the loss of the Silver Passion Card is about $89 inside the card and I need to buy a new ezlink card, costing $5. It's all about money and a bit of inconvenient.

Overall, I am thankful that the lost did not create a very serious problem for me, like if I were to loose my whole wallet which has my Identity Card, Driving Licence, Merdeka Generation Card, Credit card, ....

Thank God for the lessons learnt. I will be more careful!

1Thess 5:16-18: "Rejoice always. Pray constantly. Give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Agape


No comments: