Saturday, June 14, 2008

BPCES Church Camp 8-11 June 2008

Met a Singapore Bible College classmate on Thursday, 12 June and we started talking about many churches in Singapore going to Malaysia during this period. I believe his church retreat would be very difference from Bethany, as he started to ask me about conducting workshops and Bible Studies. ...

Bethany Church Camp is very relaxing when compare to other churches. The programmes are packed with BS, Workshop, Messages and alot of equipping and training. For us, it is just a message and group discussion. Even then, very few shared and made applications from the messages.

What is one thing in this camp that make a difference from me?

The movie, Facing the Giants. It taught me to trust in God and do all things to glorify Him. Like Grant Taylor, we face an uphill task to get his team to work and give their best, I too daily faces technical problems. My job is to solve technical problems. It is a trying job that what customer requires, I must try to fulfill them so as to get the business. Many times, I live in fear and I pray for everything that I am assigned to do. God has been good to me. Sometimes, when I am doing some troubleshooting (solving) technical problems, I had to stop and pray in the midst of my job. Watching this movie make me empathise with the coach, Grant Taylor as I am almost in the same situation as him.

Mark Lim

No comments: