Friday, November 14, 2008

Be Connected – Facebook is face-book not animated book


A facebook should have a face. Otherwise why call it face-book.

No offence to those who posed cat, dog, and even ??? as their faces. Maybe they are just afraid that people will steal their photo and do something evil to them? Or more likely they want to know about others but want to hide themselves from people. Surprisingly, even the pastor does that when he is supposed to connect with people. (I hope to get a lot of bombardment in the comments, please do)

When I was invited to join facebook, my initial thought was also to avoid putting a “face”. But then, I asked myself, “What is there to hide?” If someone is going to harm me by using my photo when I know it is the right thing to do, would I chicken out? When the prophet Daniel knew that the satraps are out to plot for his downfall, they found no ground for complaint and corruption. So, the only way to get Daniel is through his prayer life. (Read this in Daniel chapter 6). Did Daniel chicken out in his prayer? NO! He continued to pray in his house with open windows and that got him in the lions' den. A blameless person need not fear, except the fear of God. Having pondered over that, I decided to put my best picture in the facebook. When you see my face there, you know who the most important people in my life are! I want to be transparent. Transparency teaches me to have a clear conscience.

Actually, I thought of writing this only after seeing a pretty lady decides to unmask herself by putting a “yearbookyourself” photo with a "back to the future" photo in the facebook!! Not bad! Not bad! Funny? No, she is beginning to unmask herself by moving into the future!! So, if you are still hesitating, follow her footstep, go to http://www.yearbookyourself.com/ and get a new face!!

Let’s open up and be connected!!

The LORD would speak to Moses face to face as a man speaks with his friend (Exodus 33:11 )

Blessings to All,
Mark Lim

No comments: