Monday, November 3, 2008

God is Gracious in Time of Need


There were some technical problems in the product that my company sold to China. For the past week, we were trying to resolve it. Failure to do so would gravely affect the company’s business. Time was running out. We had to deliver by Monday 3 Nov. The engineer who was working on this was facing some problem and I needed to work with him to resolve it. The previous designer has left the company and the design was not properly done. I came to know about this only after the problem was feedback to us by the Chinese.

This morning, after worship, I went to my office to work on the product. Throughout the morning, I was praying for divine help. Num 6:24-26 kept going through my mind:

"The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you

and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you

and give you peace." '

At this moment when time is not on my side, I am asking God to by on my side. Negative thought also came to mind. If I could not get 1 unit to work, I would probably have to work through the night.

We tried many things, changes and addition of components. Throughout the work, I was praying continually asking for wisdom. Then something came to mind. Maybe I need some high Quality capacitors. Sometimes, this method works, sometime it doesn’t. I have done it before. This is my best hope. As the engineer made the changes, I was still praying silently. When we measured the performance, there was a vast improvement; we were almost meeting our requirement!

As I drove back to church at about 12:30pm, my heart kept repeating:

The LORD is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him (Nahum 1:7)

Mark Lim

No comments: