Thursday, April 16, 2009

Planning Ahead

“Oh no! I forgot my Guides’ T-shirt!!”

We were already travelling along the Pan Island Expressway to school yesterday morning when my eldest daughter suddenly realized that she had left her clothing at home.

“Can we turn back?” She pleaded.

Doing so will get everybody late for school. Not a very good idea. Knowing that she needed it only in the afternoon, I told her I will go home and get it for her during lunch.

Human has a tendency to forget things, people, and also a whole lot of others. Most of the time, we too forget about God. In our “busy and hurry” society and work, we loose sense of the Almighty, only to come to Him when help is needed and prayer to be done. That is what I want to show her. I can help rescue her forgetfulness. But she too needs to learn to be alert, watchful and plan ahead. This is not the first time it happened. Previously, it was when we just drove off one street away then she remembered something she did not bring along. It’s going to get habitual, would it?

Would she remember this lesson?

As for me, I will help her to remember by asking before we drive off: “Have you forget anything?”

PLAN YOUR WORK, WORK YOUR PLAN

No comments: