Tuesday, April 14, 2009

All things have a life span

Recently, a lot of things start going “dead” almost at the same time.

About a few weeks ago, the heater finally died on us. It tripped the whole house electricity when we switched it on. It has been serving us faithfully since day one, about 17 years ago. Finally, it decided to call it a day. We have yet to get it fix. So, no hot water for now until the plumber is free to get it done.

Then, the fan starts giving way. No, it is still not fully dead. Just making a lot of noise when we turned on the power. Something likes a motor boating sound. I guess, it will soon say bye-bye to us. Another faithful equipment, also serving us since day one.

There is another faithful household item that finally calls it a day – the mirror light. My wife last weekend told me about it. I have forgotten about it as I don’t use the lamp. I will try to find a time this week to change the bulb.

The not so faithful one is the printer cable. I have changed it so many times. Why, oh why, it looses connection so often!!! I have just bought a new cable.

What will “die” next?

Then, a verse came to my mind (Ecc 3):

A time to born and a time to die;

A time to weep and a time to laugh


Yep, one day, you and I will be dead.

The question is: “Have I been faithful in fulfilling God’s purpose while I am alive?”

No comments: