Monday, April 13, 2009

Reflection: My “Year of Jubilee”

Officially, I am 50 years old today!

Little girl just like to be funny!!

50th year is also known as the year of Jubilee. Lev. 25:11

The fiftieth year shall be a jubilee for you; do not sow and do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the untended vines. 12 For it is a jubilee and is to be holy for you; eat only what is taken directly from the fields.

The year of Jubilee is the year to make redemption of property and slaves and also rest for the soil.

What does the year of Jubilee mean to me? Reading Leviticus Chapter 25, here are my impulse thoughts:

1. REJOICE
The words jubilee and jubilation mean rejoicing. Yah! It is important to have a joyful heart. This verse in Proverbs just came to mind:

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. ( Prov 17:22)

2. REVITALISE
Thank God for life. He is the giver and sustainer of all lives. (Act 17:28). I have seen quite a number of people died without passing this age. It is time to say as Apostle Paul said: “For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” As in Lev 25:12 – “The year of Jubilee is to be Holy for you”, the way I live must reflect my walk with God. It is time to be recharge and revitalize for the LORD.

3. RELATIONSHIP
We all heard the Good Friday message, when Jesus asked his disciple “Do you love me?” This is the most important question. In the year of Jubilee, restoration and redemption of things, property and relationship were made. It is the time to make peace with people and rebuild relationship.

Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: