Friday, April 10, 2009

Recalling My Baptism Experience

Today is a very Good Friday,
It’s also my “Spiritual” Birthday.
Born Again on 10 April One Nine Seven Seven
I am now all ready to go to heaven!!

My Baptism was on an Easter Sunday
At the East Coast beach, a lot of people play.
The beach then was very crowded,
Noise, song and sound of wave were very loud.

Before the baptism, I had to share a testimony,
With the crowd listening, I had to speak clearly.
I shared about how I met the LORD,
And what I learnt by reading HIS WORD.

My past then was a lone lost world,
I would follow others where they go.
To cheat in exam, did my friend taught;
But by God’s grace, I was not caught.

However, the guilt of wrongdoing remained;
Even though any further sin, I had refrained.
I tried to seek repentant by studying hard;
Though I excel in studies, my guilt never departed.

Then I read that Jesus Christ was crucified,
How He even forgave others before He died.
“Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.”
Drove me to pray and the forgiveness I pursue.

After testimony, I was baptized in the sea;
Rising from the water, I found a “new” me.
The sun was blazing hot that day,
But my faith soars and continues to stay.

Looking into the sea, I saw many ships;
Into His service, I’ll learn to feed His sheep.
If ever He will extend His call to me,
Will I then say: “Here am I, send me!”?


- Lim Teng Lye
(Baptism Certificate)

No comments: