Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Facebook – a great way to connect

I found my very old friends in facebook!!

I have not got into facebook for a long long time.

Just out of curiosity, I tried to search for some old friends. At my age, it may be hard to see them in facebook, I guess. I tried to search for some foreign friends, those that were with me in University College London (UCL) many years ago. After many attempt, I found my Hong Kong friend, Joseph Kwok. Unfortunately, this is a very common name in Hong Kong and so there are too many Joseph Kwok without faces or “not real” faces. I tried to narrow down the search to UCL. Fortunately, only one Joseph Kwok from UCL appeared. Yep! Joseph has just become my new friend in facebook. What’s more, from his facebook, he seems to join facebook only recently. Just the right timing??!!


I also found my long time buddy when we were students staying Nanyang Technological Institute (NTI), the former name of NTU. We were room-mate in campus and he was perhaps the closest of friends I had then. Somehow, he has not replied my email or facebook message yet. Oversea trips?

I also found that facebook can actually let you “see” what every friend of mine is doing through the HOME tab. This is new to me. And it’s fun now to get into facebook and connect with everybody. We can even comments on one another posting. This is a great way to encourage one another. For that, I want to thanks Lily Wee and Stanley Soh. Yah! Keep the comments coming everybody!!!

Let’s be connected. Cheer! :)


Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. (1 Thess 5:11, NIV)

No comments: