Sunday, August 2, 2009

Be alert – the sin that cling to us


This evening, I saw a man in a T-shirt with the following words:

REMEMBER LOT’S WIFE:
AVOID THE BACKWARD GLANCE


Clearly, only Christians with some Bible knowledge will know what happened to Lot and his family. The story in Genesis 19 flashed through my mind. The Angel of God wanted to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah and told Lot and his family not to look back. His wife’s, still lingering over the lavish life in Sodom, looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt.

What are something that I still cling on to so tightly that it became a hindrance for me to flee from destruction?

Is there any bad habit, bad influence, petty sin that I toil with?

Time for some soul-searching …

“Let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, …”

No comments: