Friday, August 7, 2009

Devotional Thoughts: Changing of Mentality

I see my children grow from having a mom’s mentality to herd’s mentality.

Today’s devotion from the Radio Bible Class, The Daily Bread brings my thoughts to my family and my youthful days.

http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/2009/08/07/devotion.aspx

When they are toddlers and in their primary school, it’s usually, “Mom says this …, mom says cannot do this …”

Now that they are in their secondary schools, decisions are made usually by following their friends. The mobile phone is a very important item in their lives. They switch from mom’s mentality to herd’s mentality and do things in groups. Friends’ decisions take priority.

This is the process of growing up.

It also happened to me when I was young. It was the herd’s mentality that I chose to go to the polytechnic instead of staying in the Junior College.

Hopefully, they will grow up from this herd’s mentality and move on to … Cross mentality. One day, when they grow towards spiritual maturity, they will learn to make decision base on the Cross of Christ.

Mom’s mentality … Herd’s mentality … Cross mentality.

Whether they have reach the Cross mentality or not, they will know it themselves.

No comments: