Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Travelling in the bus … reading …

It just brings back fond memory of those times when I used to read in the bus. …

I sent my car for servicing early this morning. It’s such a long time since I took a bus. So I took out my Bible and read the Psalms. When was the last time I read the Bible in the bus? Those were the days when Bible reading and scripture memory done in the bus was common to me. Ever since I started driving, this habit has long gone.

I use to think that driving a car can buy me time, at least I can reach home earlier or waste less time travelling. But this morning, I seem to have a more fruitful time reflecting and reading. So it is not time wasted in the bus. No, money does not necessarily buy time.

This verse in Psalm 55:22 that I read this morning, seem to give assurance of what happened last week in work (see previous post):

Cast your burden on the LORD,
and he will sustain you;
he will never permit
the righteous to be moved.

This verse sound familiar (1 Pet 5:7), but I was much encourage by what I read this morning.

No comments: