Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Devotional Thought: The Handbrake in my Life (Psa 46:10)


I was quite agitated, yesterday.

Max, the new technician seemed hard on learning. I had to repeat a simple instruction a few times. And he showed doubt on my explanations.

Frequency is inversely proportional to wavelength. This is PHYSICS. IF YOU DON”T KNOW THIS YOU CAN’T BE A MIROWAVE or RADIO FREQUENCY ENGINEER!”

He is on probation. We had a few clashes before and he does not take my instructions easily. Is this an obedient or teachable problem?

As my feeling was boiling inside me, suddenly something within me whisper: “Cool, man!”

Last night, I had a soul-searching time evaluating my emotion and the whole situation. God has gotten my attention. Or was it just my imagination that He is restraining me? Am I just trying to spiritualize the whole incident? Not sure who stop me, but it is good to have a handbrake that when “an accident” is going to happen, someone just pull that handbrake.


This morning, as I turned to the Daily Bread for my quiet time (Psalms 46):

http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/2009/10/14/devotion.aspx

The passage just hit right on to my thought that still linger from last night.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."


Thank you, LORD for pulling the handbrake in my life. Amen!

No comments: