Friday, October 16, 2009

Devotional Thoughts: Preparing For Christ’s Returns (1Thess 4:15-18)




“How prepared are you to face Christ Jesus at His 2nd Coming?”

Last Saturday, three of us turned up at the Drifter’s BSG. That was a question in our BSG on 2Timothy chapter 4. Both of them shake their heads.

“I don’t think I am prepared. :( “

As we sit there in silence for a minute or so, my mind was pondering: “How do I measure my preparedness for Christ’s return?”

This morning as I look into the Daily Bread website: http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/2009/10/16/devotion.aspx

The passage is definitely talking about Christ’s return and not about victory in death. (Perhaps the writer of the Daily Bread has gone a bit off tangent, but, never mind.) Christ can come even when we are still alive! Am I ready to meet Him in the air (1Thess 4:17)?

As a Boy Scout, who live by my motto: “Be Prepared”, I know I am ready to meet my master and Lord. I stand free of guilty conscience, doing what I believe a faithful Christian should do – obeying what the Bible commands as sins, helping the need of others, sharing Christ with unbelievers …, Moreover, I strive to live a Christ-like character of love. But I am still a sinner, with occasionally clashes with the old self within me. I believe all Christians face the same struggle. And so, we and I need the prompting of the Holy Spirit day by day in our daily routine, controlling our emotions, creating that awareness that HE is there to counsel us (John 16:7).

This preparedness is never ending.

BE PREPARED for Christ’s Coming!




No comments: