Sunday, October 18, 2009

Are there any Nazirite youth in BPCES (Amos 2:11)?

Does today's sermon speak to you?

Not much. But the sermon passage on Amos 2 showed me that maybe God is still working in Bethany PCES. Or was it just my imagination? Wonder how many of the congregation felt as I did?

When the Scripture reader was reading the passage, a verse seemed like leaping out of the page to me:

"And I raised up some of your children to be prophets and some of your youths to be nazirites. Is it not indeed so, O people of Israel? Says the LORD" (vs 11, NRSV)

Perhaps the NIV version uses "young men", so those who are reading in NIV may not feel as deeply as I do. I was anticipating that the speaker would speak abit about these nazirites youth that God has raised in Israel and how we Bethany can also raised some nazirites youth. But it was totally pass off :(

You see, for the whole week, I was thinking and praying about why we didn't reproduce our own disciples. I remember when we were studying the book on "Experiencing God" we learnt that God is always at work around you. So shouldn't we be on the look out how God is working at Bethany PCES? My prayer is "Lord, are there any youth who want to give themselves to you?" No answer for the whole week.

Then this morning, this verse in Amos leap out of the page to me. Nazirite (Number chapter 6) is someone who consecrate himself (or herself) to serve God.

Can we find any of our Bethanians who will set apart themselves for God??

No comments: