Thursday, November 5, 2009

Devotional Thoughts: The Visible Mind


Imagine what will happen if every human mind is like a visible computer monitor or a television. Other people can see instantly what you are thinking!! Haha! :)

It will be interesting to see what a man is thinking when a skimpily dressed, sexy, gorgeous lady walks by him. Haha! No hypocrisy or pretentiousness is needed in very situations.

In one sense, we do have a visible mind, but only the Omniscient Creator can see.

Well, as you turn to our Daily Bread this morning, http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/2009/11/05/devotion.aspx and read your Bible from Psalm 139: 3

You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

Today devotion is more of a soul searching and self-evaluation of my life. When I try to see myself as the LORD sees and is honest with myself, then all the good things that I think I have done are really just like filthy rags.

How about you?

And so, like the Psalmist, this is my prayer:

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.



Let others see what God can see in you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do not be unduly upset if nobody leaves any comments after reading your blog.

In the privacy of their homes, in between 2 or a few friends, in their comfort zones, most people want to talk more than want to listen. But in public forums/areas, outside their comfort zones, most people want to listen/read more than they want to talk/write.

Your blogs may sometimes be critical at times (dangerously bordering on critism on members we know),thought-provoking in most, disturbing in some. But in all your good intention, we read with open hearts, searching for a message. If found one, we reflect upon it. If found none, we look forward to read another.

So, no need to look forward for comments. If readers find the urge to respond, they would (like me today..in the mood haha).

Your tireless blogs are like flower/fruit seeds cast in the wind...some seeds land on fertile land and you see a flower blooms/fruit. Some seeds land on infertile land and got eaten by a hungry/starving bird (a life is saved !).
There you are! No words are lost. Carry on blogging until you got NOTHING to say, my Sunday friend !

Wei Lin said...

in response to uncle chye keng's comment, (which was really insightful by the way, wish u articulated your thoughts in person more often!) sometimes i wonder if people think for themselves nowadays. Look at how people are flocking after celebrities, talkshow hosts, political leaders and adopting their opinions and perceptions wholesale. oh, need i even mention how many churchgoers are 'brainwashed' by feel-good sermons that preach the prosperity gospel. In my opinion, there is a danger in not thinking for oneself. Just blindly following a religious leader who so happens to interpret the bible in such-and-such a way - and an entire congregation goes astray- and a cult forms. wrt to the criticism on members we know, as long as there is maintenance of anonymity, any defamation is simply due to the over-working of a reader's imagination. I don't see any harm in bringing up pertinent issues which may actually be ignored as everyone is simply so contented where they are right now. But what if God has actually more in store? How can He not since He wants us to GROW from strength to strength and without reflecting upon and challenging ourselves, growth is never going to happen. I only can say that it takes courage, lots of it, to speak out, to point out what is lacking, what is wrong. Everyone wants to be labeled the "nice guy", so nobody dares to say anything negative for fear of incurring the wrath of others or be labeled as hypercritical. Thank you Uncle Mark for being courageous enough to stand up for what u believe in, and for daring to verbalize ur thoughts! :)

Unknown said...

Mark has stopped writing since my comment. Perhaps i have hit a raw nerve.
Mark, sorry if i have offended you in my comments.
Bye bye.

Mark Lim Teng Lye said...

Hello Uncle CK,
Thanks for your enlightening comments. No, not really looking for comments but others to blog and share. (Share = give + take, write + read).

Haha! Did not quite understand why you need apologise for your comments. In fact, after reading, I thought you are right and I need to practise the POWER OF SILENCE.
Still practising it.

Only disappointment in your comment is that I am just a Sunday friend. (mention not once, but a few times before, so it cannot be a joke). Either you are not a follower of Christ or I am not. But I know in my heart of hearts that I am a true believer of Jesus Christ. And so, I am a brother-in-Christ to all who also believe in HIM, as according to the New Testament teaching. Amen! :)