Saturday, February 13, 2010

Devotional Thought: Who else are invited?


Whenever I received a wedding dinner invitation from a friend, my mind usually ask: “Who else are invited?”

Also, to be invited to one’s wedding is a show of good friendship and relationship. After all, we want to celebrate our joyous occasion with good friends and relatives only. So, I never, never turn down a wedding invitation unless I am oversea or in army (reservist) training.

Last month, one of my company’s former engineer invited me to his wedding dinner. He did not invite his boss (who is my colleague and peer ) to his wedding. I guess they are not in good working relationship. That is also probably a reason for leaving my company.

In today’s Our Daily Bread, as I read Revelation 19:1-9 , I know one very important day will come where I will be invited to a wedding supper. I am excited about going to this wedding supper. To miss this wedding supper is as important as Heaven and Hell. Are you sure that you will be invited to this wedding supper? And so, I will ask “Who else are not invited?”

This wedding supper is only for those who have received the blood of the Lamb, and have a good relationship with the groom, our Lord Jesus Christ. Let us reach out to those who we know and introduce them to the groom. They will then be invited to this wedding supper.

See you are the wedding supper of the Lamb! :)

'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'

No comments: