Thursday, April 8, 2010

3 type of people


I think you know this - there are 3 types of people in the church (or anywhere else):


1. People who make things happen.
2. People who see things happen.
3. People who don’t know what happen.


Last night, a few of us gather at the church cafeteria and discuss about the coming fellowship outing. These are the people who I call ‘people who make things happen’. And they are the one who are always making things for the church, for the people in the community, for the disinterested. They think how to spice up others’ lives, help the hurtful and suggest ways for improvement even if the suggestions fall on deaf eyes. They are what I call the “Kay Poh” (busybody in Chinese dialect), and I am one of these “Kay Poh”.

Then, there are those who see things happen. Somebody call them Sunday friends. They come on Sunday worship and then off they go with a few friends to catch up with a cup of coffee. They see things happen, decide whether they benefit from it or not. If it benefits them, they join in or contribute to their advantage. Silently they watch or read (what others write/blog) without a comment or involvement. Unless they are touch by the Holy Spirit and being transformed (Rom 12:2), they remains status quo for years.

I shall not write about people who don’t know what happen. You know them better than me.

So, my suggestion during last night meeting to the ‘people who make things happen’ to have a program that can move those ‘people who see things happen’ to be more forthcoming in their Christian faith. I didn’t say this actually as I write here but the intention is clear. (I leave it to imagine how this is to be done).

What type of people are you?

No comments: