Thursday, April 15, 2010

Be Cheerful! :))

"Why are you so happy today?"

"Is that so?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, you are smiling and singing." A colleague of mine replied.

Hmm, I didn't know that I was smiling. I could not see my face. Maybe I was happy about many things. Even bad things.

But I guess I started the day right. That is the most important thing. Somehow, I just have the urge to listen to the song:

"In Christ Alone, my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song"

And I have replayed it so many times and trying to sing it also.

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand


And probably that was reflected on my face that I didn't know - the depths of peace, the anxiousness, striving gone.

Later, the boss saw me and came to me, thinking that I have a new discovery in my work.
I told him, "NO".

"You are smiling, there must be something interesting." He said.

You see, my job as the head of engineering is to solve problems and create new things for the company. Other's people problems become my problems, so to say. Life in the office is always dealing with difficulties and maybe that is why, when my mood change, everybody see it. When I smile, there must be some big invention, new design or idea.

But really:

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand'
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand


I can be cheerful inspite of facing problems and difficulty daily, because IN THE POWER OF CHRIST I'LL STAND!

Cheers!

No comments: