Sunday, May 16, 2010

Looking Backward … Moving Forward :)

Suddenly I feel very old!

A few days ago, my daughter put up some very old pictures on her Facebook:


The 3 girls are the most important things God has given to me.




The pictures were 10 years old. “What have I done all these years?” Not much.

OK, maybe I have gone to the Singapore Bible College and do some serious study. OK, maybe I have done a marathon at the age of 42. Other than that, life has been more or less stagnant and waiting for the children to grow up. Church has been a routine.

Presently I am reading the Book of Second Samuel. King David started very well in this life, but ended up poorly. His family was in a mess. He finished his life poorly. This may serve as a warning to me.

Maybe I need some very difficult goals for the next 10 years:
1. Brush up my Greek
2. Read all the New Testament Books in Greek
3. Run a marathon
4. Memorise at least 100 verses, one from each book of the Bible
5. Write a book?

OK, these are written at the spur of a moment. Not sure how far I can go (?). We shall see.

Agape :))

No comments: