Sunday, May 30, 2010

In God's Timing


Gracious and God-dependent is what make a man after God’s heart.

For the last 3 weeks, I spent a lot of time reading, meditating and studying on the Book of 2nd Samuel chapter 1 to 10. The ways David dealt with life situations are phenomenal! Everything he did is about God – HIS timing, and love for God.

While others may seek the opportunity to rise to the throne, he simply continued to wait upon the LORD’s timing! Yes, even after waiting for more than 15 years, he still insisted on waiting! Even evil doers wanted to hasten his ascension. Unlike Saul who has no heart for God, David long to seek fellowship with God. We never heard about the ark of God when Saul was king. But the moment David became king, he sought to bring the ark back to his capital. And what a procession and celebration! There is so much to learn from this man, the way he dealt with evil men, helpless man, enemies, and with God.

But there is one weakness of him at this point in time. He has a problem handling his closest subordinate, his general, Joab. Joab, a nephew of David was an excellent warrior but a brutal man.

Yes, I am learning to live by God’s timing. As I reflect my reading, I see my life always on a rush, always in a hurry. From the moment I woke up very early in the morning, it is always rushing to send the children to school, rushing to get problems solved in my job, rushing the engineers to get the design and development work done, rushing the suppliers to delivery their parts … I must confess on numerous occasions, I try to beat the traffic light. Once, I even drive across the red light :(. I just felt very lousy after that.

Teach me to wait upon YOU, O LORD!!

No comments: