Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Devotion Thoughts: Watch my words!





Have I been talking too much in the church lately? Am I shouting like a fool?

Many things cross my mind today as I read the Daily Bread which talk about Ecc 9:13-18

http://odb.org/2010/06/22/no-one-remembered/

We all have our ways of doing things. Some do to impress. Some do to show authority. As for me, it is always that I do so that I can build up others. But sometime, my actions and words can be mistaken with insincere motives. I am also very careful not to overstep those in authority, especially the Pastor and Elders – “Never slay the LORD’s anointed with words”.

In particular, verse 17 reminded me again of how I should speak:

The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded
than the shouts of a ruler of fools


I used to think very hard and long before I ever make a comment, a suggestion or sharing a personal experience. But today, I am reminded to speak quietly. Once said, I should hold my peace whether it is accepted or not.


I like this word: ALIVE

Always
Live
In
View of
Eternity

When I see things with eternity in perspective, then I will be more careful in my words and actions.

A Wise person speaks with eternity in perspective.

No comments: