Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Looking for help – found it!




I kinda finally see some light coming out of the tunnel!

For the past 9 months, I was working & supervising my engineer on this research and development project in my company. I wrote a research proposal and submitted to the government for funding last year. After some many months of arduous work and many help from my boss, it was finally approved.

Then come the toughest part – to start working on it. It is a 20 and 30GHz satellite communication transceiver. Honestly, it is something quite beyond me. And in the proposal I have left out some very difficult portions of the project unknowingly!

I lift up my eyes to the hills – from where will my help come? (Psalms 121:1)

The past few months were tough. But … thank God we have a very good Australian friend, John from Queensland. I knew him since 1997 when I visited his company and learn some work from him. He is near retirement now but still moving around giving consultant here and there. Dr. John was also and adjunct professor in Queensland University. I manage to correspond with him regularly on this project and through the emails, he has been very helpful in his comments and still as sharp in his thinking and analysis. (And the thing is, he doesn’t want us to pay him, even though I mentioned to him about consultation payment).

My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth (Psalms 121:2)

Yesterday was my best day in this project. We finally managed to get some good results for the 30GHz waveguide transition. At this frequency, a 0.1mm different in length is like day and night, a total error to a near perfect results.

There are more hurdles to cross. We manage to get through this one! So the work can now continue to move…. after months of dead block.

Thank you John, and THANK YOU LORD! :)

The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore (Psalms 121:6)

No comments: