Thursday, July 22, 2010

Devotional Thought: When is a good age to serve God?

Today’s devotion from the Daily Bread is kind of interesting. Ever since I past my 50th Birthday last year, I felt that I just need to do thing differently in the church. I need to be more focus in my area of service rather than be a “generalist” – whatever people want me to do. But I could not pin point why I have that kind of feelings. Reading today’s Bible passage, my thoughts went: “ah- hah!”


http://odb.org/2010/07/22/don%e2%80%99t-just-retire/

Levites starting serving from age 25 to age 50. After age 50, they perform supervisory and mentoring role.



The Scripture passage is from Numbers Chapter 8.

23 The LORD said to Moses, 24 "This applies to the Levites: Men twenty-five years old or more shall come to take part in the work at the Tent of Meeting, 25 but at the age of fifty, they must retire from their regular service and work no longer. 26 They may assist their brothers in performing their duties at the Tent of Meeting, but they themselves must not do the work. This, then, is how you are to assign the responsibilities of the Levites."


First, I did it right by not continuing in the English Service committee!

Secondly, I am doing mostly as supervisory and teaching / mentoring role. This is what I felt strongly after crossing the Jubilee years.

Now I know what I need to do! :)

No comments: