Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Devotional Thought: Being Approachable

How approachable are you?

When people have trouble or need an advice, would they approach me to seek me out for help?

NO! :(

These thoughts linger on my mind as I read today’s devotions from Our Daily Bread on Mark 2:13-17. Our Lord Jesus Christ was so approachable that even sinners and tax collectors ate with him.

As for me, no, I don’t think people see me as approachable. There are even people in the church who reject me as friends in Facebook. At least 5 people, as far as I can remember. So, that says so much about me.

And that is the main reasons why I am disqualified to be a leader in the church. It is not about doing things here and there in the church.

It is about connecting with people.

2 comments:

Luhsy said...

I have been caught up with my own things past few months but today i decided to check out your blog, so here i am, hehe. actually i will not say you are unapproachable, but a bit serious, so pp feel they can't talk nonsense in front of you. you do connect with guys, the young pp, you want you can join the ladies tables during refreshment, we can chit chat :).
don worry about the 5 who rejected you on facebook, they may have their reasons, look on bright side, the no. of pp who HAVE accepted ;)

Mark Lim Teng Lye said...

didn't realize that people still care read or even to comment :)

Thanks alot.