Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Achievement – my 3 girls

Are you proud of your achievement?” My youngest girl asked me the other night.

Without much thinking, I replied, “Yes, of course. My achievement is having 3 lovely girls!”
As I said this, I felt the inner confirmation as a verse flashed through my mind - Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. (Psa 127:3 NIV)

Deep in thoughts, I wonder through all other achievements in my life. But truly none can be more satisfying than to able to see my 3 girls everyday, able to interact and be there as they grow up. All other achievements are but short lived. Why would people want to jeopardize their lives and be separated from their children?

They are my source of motivation.

My greatest achievement is that they will grow up in faith in the LORD and fulfill God’s calling in their lives. My greatest failure in life would be to see any of them denying their faith or slide back into worldliness. It is my duty to guide them in the spiritual life. For that is my motivation to grow in faith also.






My children, listen to what your father teaches you. Pay attention, and you will have understanding. What I am teaching you is good, so remember it all (Prov 4:1-2 GNT)

Agape


No comments: