Sunday, March 5, 2017

Getting Back to the WORD Ministry!

The Bible study guide book

It has been a gruesome 6 weeks of involving in facilitating the studies of the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is my first term and I am sort off understudying a trainer to be a facilitator. I was given 2 sessions to facilitate and it has been good to learn new things and new approaches to study the Bible.

It all started about 3 years back when I was praying about God’s calling and how I can be more effective in God’s Kingdom. Sometime in 2016, I shared this to my cell group about this and was thinking about going to a Christian welfare organization to serve as a volunteer. Then a few months later, during the LIVING THE GOSPEL seminar, where we were told to learn to hear GOD and speak out what GOD had said to us about some members in the group; the overseer of my cell who was in my group at that seminar “prophesied”, telling me to go and serve in the ministry that I have intended. At that time, I thought it was GOD’s confirmation and as I was making up my mind to visit the Christian welfare organization, I felt a strong rebuke from the Holy Spirit to not to be allay by “seemingly prophecy”. It was then that I recalled that the overseer was present in the cell meeting when I talked about my intention to be a volunteer. “Be Patience!” I felt God’s prompting and assurance that He will show me the direction.

Also, in the beginning of 2016, Riverlife Church began to see the importance of teaching the church to grow in the WORD of GOD. I thought this is very important as previously, their emphases are on Mission/ Evangelism and Spiritual Gifts. And so, I was regular in their Bible Study for the whole year and at the end of December 2016, my leader sent me an email asking me to be a facilitator for the year 2017. As I read his email, I immediately wanted to turn him down as I felt that I was not ready to get involved. Then the Holy Spirit’s prompting was so strong and revealing that the WORD ministry is the area that I should get back into. After all, I have always love to read and study the WORD of GOD, and I could do it daily and spent a lot of time, yet still feel the joy of it.

We have finally completed the 6 weeks class last Tuesday. 
Receiving the certificate of facilitating 

And so I am back to reading and studying the Bible daily! For the past 3 days, I was studying on the Epistle of Ephesians. If only we Christians understand the rich blessings from God in the heavenly place when we are IN CHRIST (Chapter 1), then we need no longer crave for the worldly pleasures and sins that the world offer and tempt us!! Like Paul’s prayer for the saint of Ephesus, we need to know God, know HIS Calling, His riches and His power.

I am beginning to love this Epistle … let’s discover more spiritual from the WORD of GOD!

Eph 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ”


Agape

No comments: