Thursday, March 30, 2017

My peace was shaken in a Car Accident

My stationary car was hit at the back by a car during a traffic jam this morning. The bang was loud and the driver sped off without stopping. After hearing the noise, I came out to see the damage. There were many scratches and some paint peeling off. I think there are no dents as I have no time to check. The whole road was jammed pack. The other car is a golden colour as his car paint stick to my car.

I was very sad. Many thoughts went through my mind at that moment. Why must this happen to me? How much inconvenience and money will it cause me? Beside, this is a new car. It is so unfair, I didn’t do anything wrong. That guy is so irresponsible. He should have stopped and be accountable!
The feeling was horrible. My emotion was disturbed and tested.

Last night, I tried to fix a clogged sink in my house’s toilet. But it got worst and the drainage connector from the sink to the outlet broke. I was fuming as I told my wife to call the plumber. I am losing money. And today, another bad accident happened 
.
Is heaven playing trick on me?

It was then I remembered this is the period of Lent and we are supposed to be meditative, pondering on the Gospel of John. Yes, John 14:27 Peace, I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled, and do not let them be afraid

Yes, my peace was shaken, because of earthly possession – my car. This is just a temporal thing. The car can still be driven without problem. It is only a cosmetic issue.

“Whatever it is, LORD fills me with your peace. Remove anger and sadness from me. Thank you, LORD.”

As the peace of GOD continue to pour on me. I pray that I will be more careful and not to create any accident by driving recklessly. I can imagine what I will do if I hit somebody today instead of being hit by other. Bearing a clear conscience, I will stop and offer compensation, and will lose probably about $300. I rather put this $300 into the offering bag than to use it to pay for my careless mistake.

I think I will leave the damage to serve as a remembrance for the next 9 years!!


Agape

No comments: