Friday, September 17, 2021

My wonderful jogging day

 

Jogging Time & Distance

Thank God for a superb day!

After doing all the morning house chores, I decided to go for a jog at Pasir Ris Beach, about 1km from my house. At about 10am, the sun was blazing hot, so I jogged at a slower pace to enjoy the morning beach breeze, the scene and also to pray.

Across the sea is Johor, Malaysia (Punggol's sideview)


The running payment along Pasir Ris Beach

Big ship anchoring along the Johor Straits (Changi's sideview)

So, what did I do while jogging?

I Pray:

I prayed for my family, they are the closest and dearest to me. I always thank God for each one of them. Without their love and support for each other, life can be tough within the family. Home is supposed to be a refuge and sanctuary in time of trouble; for encouragement + motivation in time of crisis and challenges; and inspiration + emulation in time of growth.

I pray for my cell leader and cell members. We all have needs and concerns. I thank God for all of them.

I Listen:

I listen to my body. While jogging, I usually pay attention to what my body is telling me. Am I out of breath? Do I feel any pain or muscle pulling? Am I lethargic or weak? All these will decide how fast and how long a distance I can cover for the run. Today, the weather is hot. So I just decide to run slower and enjoy the day.

I listen to animals’ noise. Pasir Ris beach has many animals – stray dogs, wild boar, cock and hens, birds – all kind of birds. Once, I was attach by a group of stray dogs. Thankfully, I manage to fend them off. Since then, I am particularly careful about animals.

I listen to God. Jogging always give me a sense of tranquillity. I jog when I am tired to receive God’s rest. I jog when I am sad, to receive God’s comfort. I jog when I am troubled and need to make decision to receive God’s peace. And so jogging is always the best part of my life.

I Watch:

I mostly watch the weather. It can be very unpredictable. One moment it is sunny, half way through the jog, the sky can turn black and rains. I suffered many of these kind of weather condition and had to change course. Today, however, the weather is kind to me and give me a good day.

I watch the pavement for obstacle and danger. Many years ago, I fell into a man-hole while jogging at 5am. Thank God, I suffered only a minor injury as I was still young and strong. 2 months back, I tripped on the roots of a tree and tore my skins. So, jogging can be dangerous if I am careless.

I watch out for traffic, if I am running along the road or on the walkway. There are many bicycles and PMD (Personal Mobile Devices). They are usually quite reckless; only pedestrians and joggers suffer in the event of an accident.

 

Things I don’t do during jogging – listening to music. I am not a musical person unfortunately.

Do you like jogging? What do you do while jogging?

I am definitely looking forward to another wonderful jogging day.

Agape & God Bless

 


No comments: