Thursday, October 28, 2021

Stay Healthy, Stay fit

 It is with sadness that I heard that my cell group leader has to go for a heart by-pass. Thankfully, he discovered it early that whenever he climbed up the stairs, he experienced breathless.

To be healthy and fit, I discipline myself with proper sleep, rest, eat right and exercise. The most important thing is to listen to your body. Respect what my body tells me. When I am tired, I rest. Never over exert myself when exercising.

This week, things are much better for me and less stressful mentally and physically. My mind is more relax and so, with a nice weather, I am back to my running routine.


On Monday, I ran a distance of 8km in 44min+. Previously, I have run faster than this. But after a hectic month, it is best to listen to my body and do at a safer pace. I pretty much enjoyed the breezily run at the Pasir Ris Beach Park, which is near my house.

 

Yesterday, which is Wednesday; I decided to run 10km. After 3km of running, I feel great and so increase my pace and completed the run with a timing of 57mins. My target for a 10km run is about 55mins+. So, I need to slowly build up my strength and endurance in order to achieve this target.


Besides running, building power and strength are essential to stay fit. There are a few places around my house that are equip with exercise equipment. At the playground next to my block, there is a hand-rail calibrated to record the amount of power the user can attained by indicating with green LEDs. This is my favourite exercise. By using both hands to rotate the hand-rail at my maximum speed for a power of 100KW, I usually try to do it for 100 rounds. After a short rest for 2-3 minutes, I repeat it for another 100 rounds.

 



I just discovered that besides the running trail at Sea-Shell Park, there is also an area with equipment for exercise – cycling, paddling, lifting, and stretching. I just tried the cycling this afternoon and it’s was strenuous.

                                                                                                                                   

Time to keep healthy and fit. Don’t wait till the body breakdown and medical problems surface. Prevention is always better than cure! So, now I am praying for my cell leader that he would be cured after going for the heart surgery and get the heart by-pass done safely.

Agape

No comments: