Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Bunny In our family

 Taking care of our Dewy Bunny has taught me many things of rabbit and also about life relationship.


Dewy is a very sociable. She likes to roam around the house freely. Since young, she has been living with us and always feel as part of the family. On most days, she would loiter near me even as I was doing my chore or work. Sometimes, she fall asleep beside me, which is quite rare as that is her most vulnerable time of being preyed upon. Trust has been build up through the years and she is comfortable with me.



Dewy always show appreciation when we give her treats. She would run in circles and even make a few turns happily as she took her treats or pallets. That is her way of showing gratitude. Her actions always remind me to be grateful to others.

Sadly, I was careless and accidentally kicked onto Dewy left hind leg. She suffered a broken bone and we sent her to Beecroft Vet & Emergency Hospital for surgery.


Thank God, the surgery went well and we brought her home the next day. To prevent her from jumping, she was kept in a cage. Being a sociable Bunny, it sort of affected her badly. Unable to roam freely, we lost her appetite and my daughter massage her stomach and feed her with medicine. After much care taking and prayers, she recovered and we decide to put her back to her usual place and allow her to roam the house again. And so whenever she is out of her place, I will look out for her to make sure she will not jump about.



The vet removed the bandage after 1 week. Thankfully, she did not scratch the wound. This week, she has improved a lot. She is back to her old self of roaming around and being restless.

It’s a long journey for her recovery. Beside caring, feeding, and playing with her. Much prayers are needed. This accident has taught me to be more careful as I move about and always watch out for what I do. All actions have consequences. And much lessons to be learned from mistakes – painful lessons. L I also learnt a new thing about rabbit – they eat their wet poop but not the try poops. Thank God that after the surgery, she is able to bend inwards and do that.                                                                                     

Agape

No comments: