Wednesday, October 13, 2021

How God answers my prayer!

 The words on the signboard says it all. It just answered what I have been praying for all night!


I had another stressful week!

To seek release, I just felt an impulse pushing me to get out of the house after clearing all the dishes and dinner. Where that impulse come from? I don’t know.

This prompted me to go for the night prayer walk around the estate. The nostalgic feelings of those days when I spend quite a good time at night praying and walking. Then came COVID-19 and this halted for more than a year.

The weather was hot for the 2 past nights. But that does not deter me. My mind was filled with sadness as I think of our bunny who was not feeling well after her surgery for her fractured left hind leg. There were gas in her stomach and she totally has no appetite for 2 days. She looked so weak and was suffering badly. And so I spend a good fair bit of time praying for her recovery and also for my family. We need God’s healing, assurance and protection for any fatality.

When praying, the mind can be tricky at times and prefer to think negatively, especially when our dependent is now fully on God. Yes, I was asking myself what can be the worst situation. I was thinking of death. Would such a thing happened to her? I told God I will submit to His Will and humbly accept what He had install.

Just as I was thinking of this, I saw this signboard ahead of me – “No Time To Die”. It came as a strong rebuke to my prayer. I instantly felt God was chastising me over my prayer. And I lacking in faith in HIM? He is a loving God, “Ask, and it shall be given unto you!” There is no time to think about dying. Instead, I should be focusing on being alive. Well and strong! That is then I knew that my prayer for bunny is granted. She will be well, gain her appetite and alive and agile.

As I reached home, I saw her beginning to eat well.

Today, she is not only full of appetite, she is running around, even with her injury.

Sometime, God can answer us in mysterious ways. He speaks, but at this moment, He led my eyes to see what He want to tell me – signboard like this can be useful tool for Him too!

Now, I learn another way how God can speak to me - surrounding scene and His prompting.

Agape

No comments: