Tuesday, January 4, 2022

“Seeing” Miracles? – Christmas Thoughts; New Year Revelation

 Blessed New Year 2022!

As I walked into the worship room on post-Christmas Sunday, I felt an overwhelming of goodness that is going to take place in this church. Maybe in the near future?

As I look around, most, if not, all of the people are young adults; some, with toddlers. It seemed like the days when I was their age, some 30+ years ago, where the church was small and we felt a sense of belonging, wanting to give our best, and our all to God’s Kingdom. I sense a “miracle” is going to take place here (?). Only God knows and in HIS time.

One verse came to mind,

Isaiah 60:22 (NLT) The smallest family will become a thousand people, and the tiniest group will become a mighty nation. At the right time, I, the LORD, will make it happen.”

On 26 December, my family went to my daughter’s church, Hope International Ministries (HIM) Singapore for Sunday Christmas Worship. All we know that it would be a Christmas celebration. The game was good – Charade by drawing, simple yet related to Bible stories themes. I see many talents among the young adults. Some came to my house before, for their life-group meeting. It’s like a family here, a small family (like Isa 60:22 said). Then, the title of the message caught my eyes – Miracles of Jesus. Hmmm …tie in nicely with what I felt earlier.

Picture taken from HIM Singapore Facebook

Steven’s message was clear. (Hope I remember his name right). No need to use a lot of stories or illustrations. Sharing about his life’s encounter – a car clashed that shattered his heart and went into depression to see his friends died. We all can related to life struggles. That is where we encounter turning points in our lives;  … and God’s miracles.

As I walk out of the church, God reminded me a life principles – be brave to walk through life’s dark moments, He will perform miracles to get us through. Perhaps that is also God’s message for me in the New Year, 2022.

What’s your direction & plan for the New Year 2022? Trust God. He is going to do many miracles in your life too!

 


Agape


No comments: