Thursday, July 7, 2022

COVID-19 +ve

 Tested positive for COVID-19! :(


Suspected that I got it on the Sunday, 26 Jun 2022 when I was attending the RiverLife water baptism. Grace Chapel was packed with people. Many were not wearing masks as there were frequent photo-taking going on. I was there to support my Alpha Group participant. None of my helper wanted to attend. Being the leader of the group, I attended to Baptism ceremony at 2pm. It was a happy occasion for Valerie as she finally took the step of faith to get baptize after committing her life to Christ in 2014.

I came home after the ceremony feeling very tired and slept early on Sunday night. On Monday, the family went to East Coast Park. I decided to jog along the East Coast Beach as I need not jog for the whole week. After jogging slowly for 5km for 35 minutes, I was feeling very tired and also coughing intermittently. It seem strange to me. On Tuesday, the cough intensify and phlegm started to form on my throat. I thought that I have eaten too much peanuts the night before which usually happen after eating excessive peanut. My wife suggested that I do the ART test and that was how I discovered that I got COVID-19. Thankfully, there was no fever. 

And so, for the next 7 days, I confined and isolate myself. 

Tuesday, 5/7/22. I didn't have any more phlegm or cough so I went for a 5km jog. It was smoothly and easy taking about 28 mins. There was no tiredness but I decided to stop, Wednesday, I ran 6km for 33+minutes and again it was easy and relax. Things seem to return to normal for me.

Today, I decided to do the ART test:


Thank God, it is negative. All clear and now. 

To me, COVID-19 seem like eating too much peanuts and having phlegm and mild cough with some sore throat. I received a notice from Ministry Of Health  via SMS telling that I am eligible for another booster jab at any COVID testing centre simply by walk-in (don't need pre-register). I may go for the jab some time later.

Agape

No comments: