Friday, December 23, 2022

Macritchie Treetop Walk

Surprisingly, even when I arrived at the Windsor Nature Park @ about 1pm today, there were many people going to Macritchie trail. Perhaps, people came in the afternoon because it was raining during the morning. The trail was muddy and slippery.


OK, Windsor Nature Park is connected to the Macritchie Reservoir and nearer to the Macritchie Treetop. I park my car at the Venus Drive Carpark. So, the distance from Windsor Nature Park to the Macritchie Treetop is shorter, about 2.4km.

After parking, the entrance to the park showed 2 maps, (1) the whole central water catchment, and (2) Windsor Nature Park, which is a portion of the whole water catchment area (which include Macritchie Reservoir and leading to the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve).



After walking along the trail, I came across a huge monitor lizard. It definitely longer than 3 feet!


Thankfully, the lizard walked away as we were looking at it instead of coming toward us. Saw some monkeys and cocks along the way. These are common animals in any Nature Parks in Singapore.


As I walk along, the trail was quite muddy due to the morning rain. Some parts were then piled with rocks. Certain areas were renovated with wooden planks and slits for better walking. The trail also branch out to a road at certain area. That was where I saw some monkey coming out of the foliage to look for food. Also, be prepared to climb up and down stairs which can be very steep and long at certain part of the trail. About 500m towards the Treetop, I came to a very steep road and decided to run up.



Finally, I reached the treetop. The path is very narrow and it was converted into a one-direction route. The suspension bridge is quite short. I googled and found that it is about 250m long. It give a good bird-eye view of the water catchment area.


At the exit, it is more steps of up and down. The distance back to the car park is 3.7km!



The return route is a different one-way back for about 2km. Thereafter, it merge to the on-coming route. I reached the entrance of the Windsor Nature Park @2.30pm. Still, there were a few groups of people just making their way into the Macritchie Trial, even though the park is supposed to closed at 5pm!. It took me about one and a half hour just to brisk walk a round-trip with some jogging in-between. Wonder how these late-arrival can complete the trial before the park closed?

As I reached my car, my whole T-shirt was wet. I then drove home with wearing any shirt!

PS: In future hiking, remember to bring extra T-shirt.

Bye!


No comments: