Friday, January 6, 2023

Back to Singapore Bible College Library

 After more than 2 years of hiatus, I went back to the Singapore Bible College (SBC) Library to look for some books. As my membership has expired, I need to renew it. Being an alumnus of SBC, I could make use of the facilities and resources available, and for enriching myself through reading and learning.

Singapore Bible College classroom, as seen from the Library


A few days ago, I was reflecting and asking God what I should focus on in 2023. I just simply asked for 2 words - one for myself and one for the church's cell group that I was in. The word that I received for myself is "suffering", which come quite unexpected. Maybe, God want me to prepare for something which has not being revealed to me yet. And so, I have started reading and studying on the Book of Job in the Bible.

Today at SBC Library, I decided to look for some reading and study material on the Book of Job. 

An interactive Study Guide on Job - Charles Swindoll

 I particularly like Study Guides written by Charles Swindoll or Gordon Fee. Their writings, books, and study guides are usually reader-orientated kind of writing. 

I also borrowed another book - Application Commentary on the Book of Proverbs. I am journaling my reflections on Proverbs - and also hopefully to compile it  as "A proverb a day, refresh the Soul always!". This thought was conceived in 2019 which I have penned some reflections. Today, as I was packing my bags, I found the notebook with some writings. It encourages me to read them and so, I shall continue to journal on. Hopefully, by the end of the year, I should have put in much work and learning!


Let's press on in 2023 to be strong in tough and difficult times (like Job) and wise in living our lives.

Agape!


No comments: