Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Going" from 2008, "Coming" to 2009

Looking out of the window at the First World Hotel at Genting on the early morning of Boxing Day (26 Dec), this thought floated through my mind:

“I lift up my eyes to the hills,
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.”


It was a hectic trip with a lot of driving. It was a time to get away, a time to look back in order to move forward - to look back at 2008 and see how to move forward in 2009. Entering the Cactus Valley,


Is 2008 like the beautiful flowers that blossom for only a while, …



or like a cactus, robust and strong standing in the midst of adversity?


2008 has taught me a lot of things. It is a year with a lot of personal reflection and solitude. It is a year of learning to be still with God. It is a year of personal discipline and self study. Yes, there are storm and tension moments, but my help come from the LORD.

Many questions arose in my thoughts. Have I written and reveal too much? (Like the BoH Tea valley spread all over?)



(Or the Beautiful Garden behind the IPOH Cave nourishing others with my thoughts?)


Why aren’t the people in Bethany more forthcoming? Why the lukewarm? Is it the lacking of the knowledge of God’s Word? Or is it lacking in love and zeal for the Lord? Or are we just tourists, moving quickly from one place, look and see and then move on to another, leaving the church as the same as it is after one year? The answers lie with all of us. Still, there is no comment…



See you in 2009!!! Have a blessed new year.

“The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore”

No comments: