Friday, March 6, 2009

True Love includes Forgiveness

If my husband cheats on me, I will divorce him!” One Christian lady forcefully spoke up during my Bible Study class long ago but it still rings deep inside me.

The toughest part in a relationship is able to forgive those who wrong and hurt you. The closest relationship is between husband and wife.

Recently, the news of Cecilia Cheung’s interview appears in the internet. Cecilia Cheung lashes out at Edison Chen - Yahoo! Singapore News

No, I am not discussing about the man who has the same name as Thomas Edison, the greatest inventor. This is not a gossip blog, but a thinking-reflecting blog.

What strikes me about her poring out of her heart is this:

"On the first day the photos were leaked out, my father-in-law came to my place. He did not say anything but just pretended to be visiting Lucas. I think he was trying to send me a message: If there is anything, the family will bear it together! My mother-in-law gave me a porcelain figurine of two dolls holding a lotus leaf on which four Chinese characters 'feng yu tong lu' (meaning: we'll brave the wind and rain together) was engraved. I believe it was a message to me. My husband did not ask anything but just said, "Dear, it's fine. I'm here for you!"

While it seem common for celebrities to divorce, here we see that the husband standing up for the wife in such a time like this. Also, they are not Christian.

How will you response if you are Cecilia Cheung’s husband? Something we should think and learn from this.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on, do not sin again.” (John 8:11 NRSV)

No comments: